Saturday, May 24, 2008

Early Morning

I was up this morning at 5:45 so I could meet Jim for a 6:30 ride that started a little after 7.  The weather was gorgeous and traffic was light.  I was doing 10km intervals and the first one was strange.  It hurt in the beginning but by the end I felt like I had gone too slow.  I was having computer issues so I do not have an exact average for my intervals.  I need to get this sorted out.  The second was faster; by my estimate it was 24 something mph, not too terrible.  I had to rush in and clean up so I could make it to my little brother's graduation.  Total distance was about 35 miles.  It was a much better ride than I had yesterday when I could not produce any power.
After the graduation ceremony I went to Cycle Center so Rebecka could refit me on the Time Trial bike.  She was dialing my position in so I could get more aero and produce more power.  We had a long talk about racing and traveling, it was a good conversation.  
I talked to Rick Kattouf today.  I will be going up to Greenville on Monday to pick up a set of race wheels; a rear disc and a HED60 deep dish front.
I have a nice 3 hour ride planned for tomorrow that I am really looking forward to.

No comments: