Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Ride on the New Wheels

I went out this morning to put in my training ride before work. I was dying to ride the new wheels, so waiting until after work was not an option. Bluff road is not a fun place to be at 7:45 AM. There are a lot of very impatient drivers out at that time such as the semi that moved into my lane and nearly hit me. I rode into the grass to avoid becoming a bloody mess on the side of the road. Other than traffic, my intervals were good. 8 minutes in the biggest gear on the bike, it felt like a gym workout. I knocked out 4 of those before I had to get ready for work.
The wheels are great! The roll so fast when they are at speed, and being able to go faster without pedaling harder is a very nice little bonus. The wheels sound cool, too.

Tomorrow's ride will be the Summit Ride after work and I am planning on taking my road bike since it works better in groups and on the hills. Rick Kattouf is supposed to be coming down for the ride, I am really looking forward to riding with him.

No comments: