Friday, July 18, 2008

Currently

I've given up on going back and detailing the last month of my riding.  The Cliff Notes version looks like this:
1)  I bought some new Speedplay Pedals, they seem very secure.  It is comforting after my crash which resulted from pulling my foot out of a pedal.
2) I raced the NC State Champ Road Race a week after returning from Dever.  I worked way too much and ended up finishing 20th of 30.
3) I raced the BMW Crit on the BMW test track in Greer.  The field was mixed Cat4/5.  I got a pack finish.
4) I rode Paris again.  I have an official time of 12:37
5) I had fun on a lot of group rides.  I won a hill sprint at the end of one of the Wednesday Summit Rides.
6) I raced the Crit at the Piedmont Triad Onmuim.  I was sitting top 20 with 6 laps to go when I got chaught behind a crash and earned a big fat DNF.
7) I raced the Road Race the next day.  It was super easy, but I didn't get into position and ended up finishing 32/58.
8) I ordered a Heart Rate Monitor, we'll see how it affects my training.
9) I sat on the trainer on the Time Trial bike last night.  I'm going to have to get used to it because I'm going to spend a lot of time on the thing this winter.  The HRM should help since I can geek out over data.

No comments: