Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Crit

I thought about extending my little break but I decided to get my butt out to the Crit tonight.  I'm glad I did.  I showed up a little late due to work and jumped in with 35 minutes to go.  The pace wasn't terrible, but the heat was stiffling.  
I got the legs up to speed and ended up on Mike's wheel with a gap on the field.  A break of 4 was up the road and I launched off Mike's wheel to get to them.  I think I almost exploded my lungs on that effort and it felt good, I haven't been under that type of duress in quite some time.  We got pulled back.
On the last lap one guy launched off the front right after turn one.  I jumped to follow and was looking for Rodney but I found Franscisco.  He said "go", I said "get on my wheel".  I put in a hard effort for 6-700 meters and cut him loose a little over 30mph with a huge gap on the field.  The rumor I hear is that he hung on for the last half lap and pulled out the win.  I got spit out the back but I considered it "mission accomplished".
BMW Crit Thursday.

No comments: