Thursday, July 24, 2008

I want to go to the OTC!

I got an email from Ian Lawless, head of US Hand Cycling and Promoter of the Paralympic Nationals, last week.  He told me about a developmental camp at the OTC in September and said he thought I'd be a good candidate.  I looked at the dates and they conflict with school, so I didn't think anything of it.  I got an email from the camp director, Pam, on Tuesday that said I should send in the app, yada yada, and she told me to call if I had questions.  So I did, I called her and told her I had school and stuff.  We ended up talking for forever about racing and training; she talked about winning Paralympic gold medals and World Champs and training and she told me about the camp.  And now I want to go!  It's not a long camp, only about 5 days, but we'll be on our bikes twice a day and we would have time on the velodrome!  I've been dying to get on the track because I think I would love the pursuit.  So now I have to see if I can work around being out of school for half a week.  

No comments: