Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Having fun on Tuesday

The Tuesday Crit was modified due to a section of our backstretch being ripped up (what's up with that?). So we had to come up with something to do. A certain individual decided to lead a group down Bluff Road. Well, this sends up 2 huge red flags. Riding Bluff Rd is a death wish during the week, and that individual is the most miserable person to ride with; ego, bad attitude, big mouth, miserable. Tom Sunday was going to stick around with his Junior team and whoever wanted to stay. So it was Tom, me, and 3 other guys along with the Juniors. We were going to be doing the loop with 180 degree turns on the 1 mile course.
The first race was a warm up lap with 5 hard laps. We went out of the gate with conviction and traded pulls among the masters (myself included). It was hard, we jumped out of the turns and did a lot of work in the small group. I was 4th or 5th wheel on the home stretch and jumped from a good ways out. Tom came charging hard at the line but I got him by a tire width, it was close.
Race 2: Tom was pulling into the home stretch and I was 3rd wheel (2 of the guys had dropped off). I got a good jump and took that one.
Race 3: Tom got a huge gap and I tried to pull him back, but blew myself up.

I saw a max HR of 196, haha.
Max Cadence was 151, not bad, but I want to get that up.

It was a painful day, but it was amazing! I fell in love with my bike again today! It feels so good to ride well and be able to go fast.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

151 rpm is quick!

Aaron Trent said...

151 takes a lot of mental effort, I'd love to be able to spin like the trackies do.