Sunday, November 9, 2008

I Feel Slow

I went out Friday on the Road bike and tried to turn the 42-12 (94.5 gear inches) and realized that I am feeling really sluggish right about now. No real intensity has taken it's toll on my speed. That and the fact that it takes about 28mph to turn 100rpm on that gear. It's a lot more gear than I'm used to riding, but I need the strength. This time of year isn't about speed anyways, but it sucks to feel slow.

I went mountain biking today and snapped another chain! This is getting old because I don't really think these legs are putting out Chris Hoy amounts of power(+2000 watts). These quads and hamstrings are only so big, you know.
Fixed this one and I rode out. The guys I rode with had much more techincal proficiency than I do so it was a struggle to keep up. I was fine fitness wise, I rode with them easily in the wide-open smooth areas. It's just that I have not learned the art of flow. It was a good ride. It suits me to ride with people better than myself because I know I have to adapt or die, and I'm real competitive. That's how I best improve on the road, and it seems to work on the trails.

No comments: