Friday, January 9, 2009

Reality

I just suck at Threshold and Time Trial efforts, anything over 5 minutes and I feel slow. I did a set of 2x20 minutes yesterday at the end of a 2 hour ride with Casey and Maria and I couldn't help but feel lame pulling them around and not going very fast. The stiff wind did help my cause either. Wind or not, these workouts are something I need so I can suck less. The amazing thing is how much faster I can go with just one other person, that little bit of rest gives the boost I need to get on it. This leads me to think my 5 minute power is a bit higher than what I tested and I didn't really know how to 'game' the test to hit my highest numbers.

The real world application is that I need to look for a break-mate or few in the spring races while I'm looking to collect points for getting to Cat3, that or just try to Kilo the sprint from a long way out. I also need to put my head down during those Threshold intervals and learn to embrace the suck.

No comments: