Saturday, January 3, 2009

Just a bland Update

I admit to having been slack with the blog updates, fortunately I have not treated my bike(s) with the same neglect. Last Sunday was a 60 mile jaunt out to St. Matthews with 3 others. The pace was a bit brisk and the wind kept us single file for most of the ride. We rode up one decent hill and I experienced a bit of self-realization; if I pace it right I can ride up hills at a good clip and still blow over the top strong. I just have to be smart at the bottom and not spend all my cookies.
Rode Tuesday, pretty easy.
Rode Wednesday, did a sub LT interval. Then I hopped in a car and headed to Carolina Adventure World to ride the fat tire knobbies. They built a tough network of trails out there with a lot of hills, not much technical riding, and no-where to freaking ride tempo. It was fun, but being the roadie I am, I love riding tempo on double-track and logging roads.
Thursday was skills.
I went out for 3 hours with a group of 5. It was a good ride, I was having some FD issues so I didn't have anything bigger than a 39x15 (aka, really little gear). It made the fast sections interesting since I was spinning out like mad and having to hold that cadence. We stopped at G-Mart and I fixed my FD so I had access to my full cluster which was easily enough gear for the rest of the ride. I was able to sit a meter behind Mark and Nick while they vied for the Air Base sprint point. but lacked the juice to come around. I jumped for the Shop Rd sprint from a long way out but I'm not sure if anyone even tried to contest. Either way, it was good practice. If I'm going to win any races I can't wait for the 200m sign.
Tomorow will be a long ride provided the weather isn't total crap.

1 comment:

Em said...

Carolina Adventure World? Are you talking about FATS?