Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Threshold

My coach is an overt sadists.

My January schedule is full of Time Trial and Lactate Threshold workouts, so yesterday I rolled out of bed at 6:15 to discover that it was still very dark. Sunrise was not until 7:29 so I got back in bed. I did my workout in the afternoon, it was 3x 12 minutes at TT effort/HR. So it was my first workout that was truely pain inducing for the year.

I've been bouncing around between my bike and my Dad's bike while I try to replace everything that's worn on mine. I think the poor frame has just about had it, though. The seat is also too low and I didn't bring my mini-tool so I did TT intervals with scrunched up legs. It's a good thing the season doesn't start for another 6 weeks so I can get my ish straight. I should probably bite the bullet and build up the Giant TCR frame I have lying around.

No comments: