Thursday, January 22, 2009

sickness and long arms

After Saturday's MTB freeze fest (frozen pipes at the fountain meant I only had one water bottle, frozen mud meant my toes became very cold) I got sick so I didn't ride Sun, Mon, or Tue. Yesterday was drills at the crit course, and today was 3+ and about 50 miles on that TT bike that I still have lying around that is not mine. The problem with the bike lies in the crank arms. You see, Rick is a guy that is made up mostly of leg, so while he is no less than an inch taller than me he needs these massive 175mm cranks. Another issue is that the headtube is way too tall. I could probaly drop another 2 inches and be comfy. But the cranks, I never could turn them over last summer, and I still can't. I need to get the bike out of my posession so I quit trying to ride it only to get angry when it just doesnt work for my body. I did threshold intervals today.

I like working with a coach, it helps keep me accountable. It's funny, my race results should do that, but that's a topic for another entry I'm working on. I seem to be riding better with the consistent riding so it's working out well.

The Paracycling Performance Plan was released a few days ago. The A and B standards for the Road TT and Kilo were slightly relaxed while the Pursuit is a little more difficult. The US is only taking 6-8 men to Para-Worlds, so Nationals should be a hotly contested affair. We'll see how I stack up this year in July.

No comments: