Tuesday, March 3, 2009

2 Years

This past Thursday was my 23rd birthday which is the two year mark for me being on the bike. Two years ago I walked into Outspokin' knowing I wanted a bike and not much else. It's been a lot of fun, and I feel like I'm finally out of the total newb stage, and into the sorta-newb/sorta-experienced category.

While I have since realized the ride on that aluminum Trek 1500 was pretty harsh we shared a lot of miles and good times. I'd say it was a pretty good 21st birthday present. It took me around the tri-state region to race and even took me way out west to Colorado.

Here's to many more years on a bike.

1 comment:

Em said...

Isn't it funny how one simple decision like picking up a 1500 can change your life and shape your future in ways you never dreamed of? Bikes are wonderful things :)

(Happy Belated B'day :) )