Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TNWC

I made it out to my first Tuesday Crit of the year this evening. I had 3 min intervals on the plate beforehand; I was supposed to do 5, but I did 3. I did 304W, 314W, and 318W. Not too bad, and neg splitting the whole way.

The crit started up about 15 minutes later. I was talking to Mike during the neutral lap and ended up at the back. I took the next few minutes to get to the front where I spent most of the evening. I went in a few breaks, helped chase a few down, and generally hung out with the fast guys. I definently didn't do the most work, but I did more work and saw more wind than I have ever seen at one of those before. It was freaking fun out there at the front!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration.

Hope to see you on Twitter or Facebook and of course - in the Paralympics.

Gabrielle Ann-Anta
http://twitter.com/TrueGabe

Em said...

Ha - I remember going out to those when I was just 'learning' how to race. Silly boys...

You showin' all the old guys up yet? Any of the VBs show or have they all gotten slow and fat?

Aaron Trent said...

I remember going out that first year in '07 and getting shelled almost every week.

I don't even know if the VBs still ride anymore. I'm not showing up any of the old guys yet, we have some pretty strong old guys here in town!