Friday, March 27, 2009

My Legs are Still Sore

Wed I did trainer sprints and decided I like my bike too much to do something like that ever again.

Yesterday there was a lull in the rain so I headed out to the crit course for some 8 minute intervals. Rich was doing a really long LT workout so I hopped on his wheel and did 16 minutes at 210W and 112RPM, little ring the whole way working on cadence. Then I moved over to my workout. I was slated for 5x8min. I did 292W, 285W, 278W, and totally imploded during the 4th and finished in the 260s. I haven't done this workout before but I liked it, it's not as hard as a VO2 workout, but it is faster than a threshold workout. And it's fun to ride at 290W. It did put quite a hurt on my legs though, and they have a good bit of that dull ache right now.

In other news: I'll be spending most of May and June in San Diego with fellow Paracyclist Matt B. It will be a regular gimp-fest in his house. He offered a couch and it makes sense because Para Track Nats are at ADT in L.A. I'll be 2 minute from the beach, riding distance from Palomar Mountain, have access to 2 Velodromes, and the group rides are supposed to be pretty insane. I'll get pummelled into shape and I'll be able to get my technique work on the Velodrome for the Pursuit.

On the Pursuit front, things are going pretty well in terms of power. I threw down 367W for 5 minutes (6.1W/kg) at the Forest Acres Crit. The literature suggests I need 370-400W after the initial acceleration to go 3:43, so it looks like I'm on track so far.

No comments: