Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mr. Scott

This blog is a letter going out to Christopher Scott:

Mr. Scott,
You are fast! 8 Paracyling gold medals over 4 games in the CP4 classification, World Championships, you have represented Australia well. I feel you have represented everyone with Cerebral Palsy well. Your world record in the 3km Individual Pursuit stands at 3:32.958; I have nothing but respect for your ability to ride a bicycle.
I know I'm just some skinny kid from South Carolina and you have never heard of me. At this point, I've done nothing noteworthy. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I'm here and I will be chasing you. I am not going to make any grand claims about beating you, but I will try my hardest. I have heard that you may be retiring soon, but I hope you continue competing long enough that I can race against you. I would like the opportunity to see how I match up against the best. Know this; when it's cold, when it's raining, when the miles are long, when my legs ache and my lungs burn, the thought of catching you will be one of the thoughts that drives me on.
Respectfully,
Aaron Jacob Trent

scott
Christopher Scott in Beijing

No comments: