Sunday, September 7, 2008

All Antsy

I have some sort of of massive desire to race.  They cancelled the races in Augusta because of the Hurricane, but she bypassed us altogether.  I want to race, I want to feel that competitive animal.  It's been a month since I last felt like that.  I didn't have that feeling at the State RR, I just wanted to hit the line and stop.  I did have that feeling in Elberton, which I did not blog about.  It was a 60 miler in near 100* weather, 2 man break stuck, I launched with 800m and overcooked the last corner, cyclocrossed through the grass, and finished 11th.  So I missed my first podium and my first upgrade points.  I had the pit bull feeling that day and I liked it, I want to feel it again!  I'd be up for a Du, a Tri, or a 5k if it started in the next hour.  

In other news, I am sick.  I have a head cold and a running nose.  I didn't train today because of it.  

Yesterday sucked hard, it was 95* and I couldn't sweat.  I was probably dehydrated.

The season is so close to being over.  I'm sad and happy.  The next thing I do will be the Training Camp at the OTC, it's 2 weeks away.  Then I have the state Time Trial, and I'm considering the G'Ville Crits.  I don't know if I want to do them or not.  Then it's over.  I'll go into base mode.  I'll have a somewhat more normal life, but I still intend to ride.  I didn't ride for 5 months last offseason and it cost me a lot.  I want to hit the Spring Series rolling, and I want to be white hot by the time Athens rolls around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.