Monday, September 22, 2008

Vista Crit

I rolled up at 6:30AM to help set up. One of Scott's buddies had a bike I could borrow. Sweet! I would be racing after all. I was racing with the big scary Cat3's in the 3/4 race. We went off and I decided to play tail gunner because the brakes on Robert's bike are opposite of mine; I have the front brake on the right side and everyone else has their rear brake on the right side. 5 or 6 laps in we came around turn 3 about 30mph and I grabbed a handful of rear brake. Rear tires lock up very quickly and like to loose traction so I went sliding through the turn. I kept the bike upright, but I decided that this race wasn't important enough to risk crashing and pulled out.
The 2/3 race was very exciting to watch. Props to Sammy and Derek for their efforts.
The P/1/2 race was not quite as exciting but I got to ride in the pace car. That was fun! Jay Charels did pretty well in that race.
After the racing I helped tear down. It was quite a long day, haha.

I'm packing and doing laundry and I fly out tomorrow.

No comments: