Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Part 4: The Hincapie After-Party

So after racing Saturday, riding Sunday, and watching the Pro Race for several hours it was time to party.  Hah, I wasn't too sure if I would get there and curl up in a corner to sleep or hang out.  I also haven't been out and mingling in over a year, so I didn't know if I could talk to anyone after 10PM.  Fortunately, my people skills remain somewhat intact and I talked to a cute girl about her endurance horse racing.  I had no idea you could put a HRM on a horse, but hers has a max heart rate of 260bpm, wow.  Other than talking to girls I met George Hincapie and thought about talking to Dave Zabriskie but the poor guy looked like he had more than drained himself during the 2 races.  I noticed that Allen Lim (the physiologist for Garmin-Chipotle) was at the party and I wanted to meet him since I'm a nerd and think his work is terribly interesting.  He was sitting next to DZ when I said hello, and he asked if I realized he was sitting next to DZ.  I did, and I wasn't trying to snub him.  I just didn't want to be the annoying fan to the guy that looked like a zombie.  Allen is a cool guy, and it was nice meeting him, and he has such a cool job.  Why did I choose Economics as a major?  We rolled out before 11 and it felt like it was 2am, I'm an old person.  
This weekend was absolutely amazing!  Big shout out to Rick and Gail for putting me up.  Good luck to John in his first Ironman.  And congratulations to all the locals that raced so well this weekend.

No comments: