Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tuesday Night Worlds

The weather was beautiful!  It was 80 degrees and I was happy.  We rolled out for 45+2 since the sun is setting earlier.  I was feeling good (much better than Saturday) and because of my performance Saturday I was feeling feisty.  I saw a move go up the road with Jay and Toby and I thought it would behoove me to get in on it.  I took my pull and looked at my computer; 13 minutes, I was ready to settle in for 35 minutes of serious pain but it was not to be.  We were pulled back after a lap.  Then a little counter move went and Jay jumped after it.  I settled in to recover and that's the difference between a Cat1 an my little Cat4 butt.  I did some pulling and chased a few breaks, but my heroics aren't all that epic yet, I didn't go in any more breaks.  
We got around to the last lap and I tried my little move from the top of the backstretch (1000-1200m if it sticks).  I was caught 50m past turn 4.  

Augusta RR this weekend.

No comments: