Friday, February 13, 2009

15 minutes

Yup, yesterday's prescription was 3 x 15 minute intervals with 3 minutes of rest, so I headed down to the crit course to get it on. Rich was there and we chatted while I warmed up. He pointed out that the Power Meter can be used as a governor to remind you not to go too hard in the beginning. Armed with that advice I set out to ride in the 240-250Watt range. I made sure not burn though the first 3 minutes and ended up doing pretty well. I had 255W, 247W, and 249W. Pacing like that really worked well. Upon review, my coach said my pacing "in particular is very good". Very good to hear.Of course, he also points out that my average cadence dropped for each interval, meaning that I push a bigger gear and get sloppy as I fatigue. That's something to work on.

Tomorrow is a group ride with 3x25min at the end, so I need to get some quality sleep this evening.

No comments: