Sunday, February 15, 2009

Post #101 and a Sunday Stroll (or not)

I just realized that my last post was my 1ooth blog entry, so this is number 101.

I heard through the twitter-sphere that today's ride was going to be a pre-racing tune-up so I made sure to actually wake up and get to it. I was not disappointed. We were slated for 70 miles at a hard pace so my plan was to sit in, suck wheel, and take reasonable pulls (sage advice Rich) when I came through the line. By the time we reached 601 the group was whittled down to those that would finish, and I was happy to be there. When we reached the hill on Congress Rd I gave a little too much gas at the bottom and dropped off the back. I grouped with Mark W and we traded pulls to the gas station to regroup. When we got to the fort the attacks started up again, and my legs were pretty sore and tired. Jay went up the road and Rich thought it would be a good idea to tell me to chase him down. My oxygen deprived brain found this to be a brilliant idea and I blew myself up 20-30 seconds later. Thanks Rich :)

I'll have to look at my average power and other stuff later, I'm going to take a nap now. I feel really good about starting the race season next week!

No comments: