Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Power File to Feel Good About

Last night I was out late with my friends, I figured it would be a good weekend to get it out of my system before the racing starts. I woke up this AM to meet my former debate coach to ride with her for a while. Back-story: I was on the debate team my senior year of high school, team policy FTW! She hasn't ridden much recently so we rode at her pace through the fort, accompanied by the most beautiful weather I have seen since the week before Christmas. It was fun and a pretty chill ride. We ate lunch at Earthfare, then I set out to do 3x20 minute intervals at 90-95% PE since I wasn't wearing the HRM strap. The results: 248W, 234W, 243W. When I dropped out the first and last 4 seconds it went up to 249W, 234W, and 245W. The lesson here is that I can't ease up at the end, gotta drive hard right though the 'line'. If you spotted the outlier, the 2nd interval, that was mental drift. I let my mind wander and it showed. Considering that I did 255W for 20 minutes in December at an all-out-I-can-taste-battery-acid-and-see-the-white-light effort I think it was a pretty good training session. On top of that, my weight went from 62.27kg to 60kg over that time. More power, less weight. W/kg FTW!

No comments: